Whenever possible, we are the primary source of health care and information to our families. However, when it is in the best interest of the child to see a specialist outside our practice, we work diligently to secure the necessary referral. Our strong ties with medical facilities such as the Golisano Children’s Hospital, Strong Memorial Children’s Hospital, Albany Medical Center, Sloan- Kettering Cancer Center, Dana Farber Medical Center, Weill Cornell Medical College, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, and other facilities with the intent with assuring optimal care with our patients.
In addition, families who join our practice have the opportunity to participate in one or more patient studies if appropriate. Patients who come to our practice also can participate in medical research which opportunities may allow our patients to benefit from greater and earlier access to new and innovative medical treatments.
At Summerwood Pediatrics we think it is important to be essential participants in our community and foster a healthy environment in which our patients and their families can thrive. We actively participate with a number of local and national charities. Our practice assists with the education of health care students from a variety of regional educational institutions in the area. They include Lemoyne College; Crouse, St. Joseph’s and SUNY University hospitals; and the Albany College of Pharmacology. We are also members of the Syracuse Centerstate CEO (Chamber of Commerce), and support foundations and various non-for-profit organizations such as:
- Asthma Childrens Game
- Charity for Children
- American Cancer Society
- Eat Right for Kids
- St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Children’s Consortium
- HPV-Head Neck Cancer Article
- March of Dimes
- SUNY Health Science Foundation
- Shriner’s Hospitals for Children
- Vaccination Article I used to be an anti-vaxxer, but then I changed my mind
- Vaccines For Children From the CDC Your baby’s immune system is strong but still needs help fighting some germs. That’s where vaccines come in. Watch this video to learn How Vaccines Work.
- VNA Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Mental Health Association
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- McMahon Ryan Child Advocacy